Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Action of Advocating

Everyone has something they feel passionate about, whether it's for change, improvement, or the cease of an action. Something that I would advocate for is improving the disappearance of misconceptions against Muslim women in the world . Living in America, I have grown up with misconceptions that I have not realized were misconceptions until I was older. Being a Muslim, I have had misconceptions against myself. I strongly feel for this. I want to advocate for the awareness of Muslim women and our rights.
The way I would bring this about is through media: making posters/designs on billboards that depict a misconception, but showing against its' being a misconception. My audience is older teenagers and adults. I would work with a team, or individually if I have to, and compose illustrations for solving misconceptions. Another way I would try and prove misconceptions wrong is taking this case to radio shows. There are many discussions on various topics over the radio, and it's a great way to communicate to people throughout the world, letting them hear what is needed to be heard about misconceptions. Doing radio shows is something I feel confident about because I have an uncle that was recommended to participate in a radio talk-show about gay rights. So if my uncle made it to the radio about a strong topic, I believe I can too, and hope for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment